How To Layer Your Skincare Products If You Have Sensitive Skin
If you have sensitive skin, you already know that skincare products can be tricky to use and can often end up leaving your skin worse off than it was before.
First, it’s important to understand why you should layer your skincare products
Layering allows your skin to absorb products better.
If you don't apply your skincare products in the right order you could prevent them from being fully-absorbed, which means they won't be as effective.
Secondly, what order you should apply these products inThere are certain things that you can do to make sure your skin receives all of its essential elements without suffering from any nasty reactions. The most important thing to remember when applying your skincare is that oil mixes with oil, and water mixes with water. A good rule of thumb is to apply products from thinnest to thickest—toner, serum, moisturizer, oil. Be sure to always start with a clean face.
Thirdly, how many layers are appropriate?
The number of layers you use should depend on your needs and preference. For example, my skin is super dry during winter so I always layer a cream with a serum, but if you have oily skin that’s prone to acne breakouts, three or four layers might be too much for your skin. My rule of thumb is if it feels greasy then it’s too much!
Fourthly, which products do you layer together?
Just because you have sensitive skin doesn’t mean you can’t be using products that actually work. In fact, there are several amazing products that are specifically designed for people with sensitive skin. Here’s a quick breakdown of what to use and in what order when you layer your skincare.
1. Start by cleansing your face with our Milk Thistle Cream Cleanser that instantly comforts delicate skins, whilst gently removing daily pollutants, excess oils and makeup. Our hero ingredient is Milk Thistle, an ancient herb that has anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce redness and rosacea.
2. Then spray the Elderflower toning mist so the next layers go on smoothly and penetrate and absorb into the skin better.
3. Next comes the anti-aging serum (yet to be released)
5. Lastly the eye cream for the delicate area around the eyes. My sleeping hasn't been the best recently and I've found that my eyes have needed more attention to help the black bags underneath them. I love this eye cream. A tiny amount goes such a long way, when I use one pump's worth, I use it for both eyes, but I also rub it on my skin cancer scar on my forehead to give it some extra love.
6. Suncream - try to find one that is specifically formulated for sensitive skin.
Aussenskin make the best gifts because they come already gift wrapped in a gorgeous gift bag with navy blue rope ties and 2 satin ribbons, with the added bonus of extra gifts. You will get a quality jade stone guasha facial massage tool with the eye cream and moisturisers, or eco-friendly reusable makeup wipes with the cleaner and toning mist.